Today when we celebrate the feast of our heavenly Father. We will just listen to the words of the Holy Scripture accompanied by Musica Sacra sung by Harpa Dei.
In the end I will present a prayer which might be like an answer we could give to the mediations we shared about the Fathers book. You are heartily invited to pray it and may be invite others to do it also!
- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you came to birth I consecrated you; I appointed you as prophet to the nations.” (Jer 1,5)
- “God said, ‘Let us make man in our own image, in the likeness of ourselves, and let them be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven, the cattle, all the wild animals and all the creatures that creep along the ground.’
God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.” (Gn 1,26-27)
- “And now, thus says Yahweh, he who created you, Jacob, who formed you, Israel: Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name, you are mine.” (Isa 43,1)
- Look, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands, your ramparts are ever before me. (Isa 49,16a)
- “Can a woman forget her baby at the breast, feel no pity for the child she has borne? Even if these were to forget, I shall not forget you.” (Isa 49,15)
- “Yes, I know what plans I have in mind for you, Yahweh declares, plans for peace, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jer 29,11)
- “When you search for me, you will find me; when you search wholeheartedly for me.” (Jer 29,13)
- “He is like a shepherd feeding his flock, gathering lambs in his arms, holding them against his breast and leading to their rest the mother ewes.” (Isa 40,11)
- “I was leading them with human ties, with leading-strings of love, that, with them, I was like someone lifting an infant to his cheek, and that I bent down to feed him.” (Hos 11,4)
Beloved heavenly Father, attracted by Your infinite love, I come to You to offer You my heart. It is to be a dwelling place for you in which you always dwell, so that you can give everything that your love has conceived.
When you, beloved Father, are at home in me and I in you, then let me be a witness of your mercy and seek with you those who are still far from you and do not yet understand you as you really are.
They should recognize, honor and love You, enlightened by Your light, and find home through Your Son Jesus Christ.
Draw Your Church to Your heart and free her members from all confusion and blindness, so that she may shine in Your Holy Spirit and proclaim the Gospel with authority.
May it happen that you, dear Father, will be honoured with a feast of your own in all mankind and so that your Spirit of peace may come upon all people.
Harpa Dei accompanies the daily scriptural interpretation or spiritual teaching of Br. Elija, their spiritual father. These meditations can be heard on the following website www.en.elijamission.net